Due to Coronavirus, we have made the following adjustments for student safety:
- We have reduced the number of participants from 6 to 3.
- Students participate for 2 weeks instead of a full month.
- Students participate ONLY with students from their homeroom.
- We are not using the paper application process during this time and are relying totally on teacher nominations.
- Limiting to one on-screen person daily.
- Students maintain social distancing and are not handling video equipment. (*Video board and *Sound board)
- Microphones and teleprompters are sanitized after each use.
- Due to limited availability for this year, we will limit to 5th grade participants only.
We will notify you when we are able to resume with a fully operational crew.
Wolf TV is our in-house morning announcement broadcast. The news is a student-run production. Students are selected each month by homeroom teachers and the Wolf TV station manager using a variety of critera including attendance, behavior, and classroom participation. Students learn to operate the news equipment and the basics of broadcasting. It is not necessesary to arrive early to participate. They meet each morning of their participation time at 7:40 am to allow time for practicing the script. The news broadcast begins at 8:00 am. Students are back in class by 8:10 am.
|News Anchor||Reports the main portion of the news each day|
|Reporter||Reports special announcements and/or weather|
|Operates cameras and teleprompters for the on-screen anchor and reporter|
|Video Board||Controls the video board output and chromakey screening|
|Sound Board||Operates all of the audio feed for the production|